Is your internet speed letting you down? Do you get frustrated waiting while TV programmes “buffer” and websites take ages to open?
Go Digital Newcastle is working with existing suppliers to extend the availability of superfast broadband and make the city one of the best connected in the UK.
You can check if superfast broadband is now available in your area by entering your postcode into our map, and you can check your current broadband speed here.
With superfast broadband at home, you'll be able to:
- Watch – HD movies download in minutes, and there’s no slow buffering on TV programmes
- Shop and save – it’s estimated that a household that uses the internet to get the best deals for shopping, insurance etc can save £560 per year
- Play – gaming online is quicker and more fun
- Learn – grown-ups and children can grab info for homework, courses and hobbies
- Work – you could earn money by working from home or explore new job opportunities
- Sell – use services such as eBay and Gumtree to buy and sell in a jiffy
- Connect – have video chats with friends and family no matter how far away via free services such as Skype
What’s more, you and your household can do this all at the same time! Multiple people in your house can be on the service at the same time without it slowing down.
Interested in getting superfast broadband? Here’s what to do next!