Your Area Demo
- The map shows areas already able to get fibre broadband, and areas due to be connected by the end of March 2014 as part of operators own commercial roll-outs.
- Current / Planned NGA broadband areas have been determined as a result of the State Aid public consultation carried out in Feb/Mar 2013.
- The map also shows areas that are planned to be enabled for fibre broadband as part of the Go Digital Newcastle programme by Summer 2015.
- The map is at a high level and is for early indicative purposes only and is subject to change. It is not accurate to premise or postcode level and should not be interpreted as such.
- Detailed planning is currently underway, and updated versions of this map will follow regularly up to the completion of the project in Summer 2015.
- Maps, announcements and responses to frequently asked questions will be available via the Go Digital Newcastle website.
- This part of the Go Digital Newcastle broadband programme will be delivered by Openreach, BT’s local network business, in a £3.8 million deal to extend the availability of high-speed fibre broadband to 97 per cent of homes and businesses in Newcastle upon Tyne, building upon BT’s own commercial investment across the city as part of its £2.5 billion overall commercial investment in fibre broadband across the UK.
- Project mobilisation commenced in September 2013 followed by surveys, design and planning. Network roll-out will be starting in Spring 2014.